We’re delighted to be able to offer a 6 month Creative Programme Internship as part of the Graduate Career Advantage Scotland Scheme.
Applicants must be
- Unemployed or employed in a non-graduate level role that does not fit into your future career plan
- A recent graduate (summer 2019>) from Dip HE, Undergraduate, Postgraduate or PhD levels of study
- Age 29 or under
- Based in Scotland
- Have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship you apply for
- Accepted onto the GCAS scheme.
ReMode is a not-for-profit social enterprise with a focus on promoting sustainable fashion. From our shop and Creative Hub on Paisley High Street we run an extensive programme of events, creative education and outreach activities.
The intern will work across our whole programme, including supporting education and outreach programme and assistance with marketing.
We are committed to making this a valuable internship for the successful candidate. Training will be give given in all aspects of the job.
- Engaging with the organisation’s themes, ethos and ongoing scope of work by reading/familiarising yourself with project outlines and research materials as requested.
- Practical support for workshops including preparation of materials, setting-up and clearing away and assisting the facilitator and participants as instructed and required.
- Documentation of workshops including registers, taking photos and video footage and collating information for ReMode’s evaluation and monitoring programme.
- Representing ReMode at pop-up and outreach activities.
- Helping to create digital content for social media, our website and email newsletters.
- Updating the blog and other pages of our website as required.
- Helping with the creation and finishing of stock (garments and accessories) for ReMode’s shop.
- Assisting with the installation of window displays.
- Practical assistance in the running of ReMode’s online sales outlets.
- As part of the ReMode team you will serve customers in our High Street shop as required.
- Some routine day to day admin tasks.
- Demonstrable ability to respond flexibly and creatively to emerging project themes and ideas.
- Creative practice skills in the preparation and presentation of work.
- Good digital and IT skills.
- A personable and enthusiastic approach.
- An understanding of ReMode’s commitment to sustainability and a readiness to learn more about our ethos and approach to the climate crisis and issues of climate justice.
- Strong sewing skills
- Expereince of making content for TikTok.
- 21 hours per week. Ususally worked Wednesday, Friday and Saturday while our shop is open though some weeks may vary. Some evening and other weekend work will be required depending on our programme.
Place of work
- The Creative Programme Intern will work primarily from the ReMode shop and workshop space on Paisley High Street but will also occasionally be required to work at other local (Paisley & Renfrewshire) venues as part of our Education and Outreach programme. Travel expense will be paid for outreach work.
- £10 per hour
Step 1 – Apply to join the GCAS Talent Pool via the GCAS website How to apply – Graduate Career Advantage Scotland (gcas.co.uk)
Step 2 – Search the GCAS vacancy hub for ReMode’s internship opportunity. Vacancy Hub – Graduate Career Advantage Scotland (gcas.co.uk)
Step 3 – submit a CV and covering letter (as one document) to GCAS@ed.ac.uk by 5pm on 27th June 2022