As part of the government’s Kickstart scheme for 16-24 year olds in receipt of Universal Credit, we’re seeking to recruit a CREATIVE ASSISTANT
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who wants to gain practical hands-on experience of working in the creative arts or fashion.
Remode is a not-for-profit community interest company with a focus on promoting sustainable fashion. The successful candidate will help support delivery of our education and outreach programme, as well as being involved in the creative upcycling of garments for sale in our High Street shop.
- Practical support for workshops including preparation of materials, setting-up and clearing away, and assisting the facilitator and participants as required;
- Documentation of workshops including registers, taking photos and video footage and collating information for ReMode’s evaluation and monitoring programme;
- helping with the creation and finishing of stock (garments and accessories) for ReMode’s shop;
- helping to create digital content for social media;
- helping to process digital content created at sound track & animation workshops (training will be given);
- serving in the shop as required;
- adhering to ReMode’s health & safety and Child Protection policies.
- The successful candidate will be required to register with Disclosure Scotland’s PVG scheme.
The successful candidate will work primarily from the ReMode shop & workshop space on Paisley High Street but will also occasionally be required to work at other local (Paisley & Renfrewshire) venues as part of our Education & Outreach programme.
- Demonstrable creative flair (evidenced by education, hobbies or other experience),
- Good digital & IT skills ;
- A personable and enthusiastic approach;
- An understanding of ReMode’s commitment to sustainability and a willingness to learn more about our ethos and approach to the climate crisis.
- Strong sewing skills; experience of making content for TikTok
25 Hours per week with half hour lunch break each day. Usually worked 4 days out of 5 between Tuesday and Saturdays plus evening and weekend working as required by our events programme. Notification of shift pattern will be given well in advance. National minimum wage applies. You mainly work from ReMode’s shop on Paisley High Street with occasional outreach work in the local area.
How to apply
Application is via Invest in Renfrewshire. Do not apply to ReMode directly.
To apply for this post you must be aged 16 to 24 year olds and currently in receipt of Universal Credit.
Applications to be submitted by 17th September 2021.