As part of the government’s Kickstart scheme for 16-24 year olds in receipt of Universal Credit, we’re seeking to recruit a MARKETING AND FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who wants to gain experience of working in the arts or voluntary sector. ReMode is a not-for-profit community interest company with income generated from a mix of grant funding for our education and outreach work, and trading from our shop.
The successful candidate will help to promote the work and products of ReMode to a wider audience, and gain experience in helping us to submit grant funding applications for future projects. You will gain a range of valuable transferrable and essential workplace skills. You will become part of the ReMode team and we are committed to making this a rich and useful experience for the successful candidate.
- Researching grant funding opportunities and helping to draft applications – training and support will be given.
- Researching PR opportunities with Scottish and UK broadcast, print and digital media.
- Helping to create digital content for social media.
- Practical assistance in the running of ReMode’s online sales outlets.
- Serving customers in our High Street shop as required.
- Some routine day to day admin tasks.
- The successful candidate will be required to register with Disclosure Scotland’s PVG scheme and also adhere to ReMode’s Health & Safety and Child Protection policies.
- Excellent written communication skills
- A good level of numeracy (National 5 level) is required as the post holder will need to have a basic grasp of project budgets (training will be given).
- An understanding of ReMode’s commitment to sustainability and a willingness to learn more about our ethos and approach to the circular economy and the climate crisis.
- Demonstrable research skills (such as for academic/study projects at any level).
- A level of creative flair for taking photos and videos for use on social media and ReMode’s website.
- Experience of using Pinterest.
25 Hours per week (Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat 9.30am-4.15pm) with half hour lunch break each day. Occasional evening working for special events. Time off in lieu will be given. There is flexibility within the shift pattern to occasionally swap Saturday working for Thursday working. National minimum wage applies. You will work from ReMode’s shop on Paisley High Street.
How to apply
Application is via the Invest In Renfrewshire website. Do not apply to ReMode directly.
To apply for this post you must be aged 16 to 24 year olds and currently in receipt of Universal Credit.
Applications to be submitted by 31st July 2021.