ReMode Creative Director Gillian Steel shares updates on developments at ReMode since the easing of lockdown.
“Like many things post C-19, ReMode is adapting and changing. In early July we reopened our shop in Paisley in line with all the required shenanigans around social distancing, constant cleaning of hands and hazmat suits etc. We also had to install new systems for accepting donations, placing them in quarantine, washing, then placing them on the shop floor. Unfortunately we can no longer provide a changing room for you to try things on but are happy for garments to be purchased, tried on at home and returned should you need to.
Again like many other people we were nervous about how things would go – Would we be safe? Would our shop visitors be safe? Would any one come?… and to cut a long story short what has emerged has been a really positive experience of reconnecting to regular visitors, lots of newcomers, big conversations about lockdown experiences and hopes for the pandemic as a trigger for change – in particular changes in how we work, live and consume.”
“In terms of our Lochwinnoch branch we are re-shaping the use of our shop at 39 High Street, with the main change being that it will no longer function as an outlet for our vintage and hand made clothes. However the space will still be a venue for the following :
- A space where you can drop off donations by appointment – clothes, fabrics and trims you no longer want or need. Message us on social media or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A collection point for items/garments you buy from our on-line shop . Just pop a note with your order that you would like to collect from Lochwinnoch and we’ll be in touch to arrange a time.
- A space for displays and exhibitions relating to our aims to raise awareness of climate change. At the moment we are pleased to be hosting the Garnock Connections exhibition . Viewing by appointment.
- A hireable Community Makespace for makers, writers or anyone in the village requiring space for a meeting. Internet access, tea and coffee making facilities provided. Hire cost will be £6 per hour and slots can be booked by emailing email@example.com. Current COVID-19 safety measures are in place and are reviewed regularly – get in touch to discuss your requirements and we can help work out what is feasible.
- At the moment, due to social distancing guidelines, we have no plans to restart our in person workshops in the Lochwinnoch Make Space. Follow us on social media or join our mailing list for updates.
- We’re delighted that ReMode Lochwinnoch will also be the home of the LEAP car club each Tuesdays and Thursday. “