09/03/2021 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Zoom
Our second day of events led by Fashion & Sustainability Pioneer and Activist Kate Fletcher.
A practical, hands on day of practice and participatory discussion.
Materials supplied by ReMode:
old, unwanted denim clothing
These items will be sent out in the post to each participant one week prior to the event.
Other materials required:
space to work
access to a sewing machine would be helpful
The day will be conducted via Zoom, with a mix of presentation and group discussion coupled with independent at-home participatory activities.
- Check in, welcome & introductions
- Overview of the day from Kate Fletcher, including brief of activities
- Working to deconstruct an existing garment by unpicking it along original seams using a forensic approach.
- Mapping this information against patterns of use and the mechanisms and processes of the fashion system.
- Examining the collection of loose elements and how they might be reinterpreted and exploration in thinking together.
- Check in with Kate
- Continuation of unpicking task
- Final check in and concluding remarks
|Unpicking to Take Action||£20.00|