A 3- session online course for 12 – 17 year olds.
Join ReMode tutor Carolyn Edmondson for a practical ‘how to’ course on Zoom. You’ll learn how to make your own pair of zero waste trousers from scratch.
Zero waste designs focus on saving valuable resources by making sure all the fabric is used – nothing ends up on the cutting room floor!
To take part in the course, you will need:
- A piece of fabric to upcycle. Approx. 1.75m – 2m x 60cm. This could be an old bed sheet, duvet cover, table cloth or even a pillow case if you’d like to make shorts!
- Measuring tape
- A decent size table or floor space for working on
- Sewing thread
- Pencil & paper for taking measurements
- A sewing machine. The trousers can also be sewn by hand.
- Elastic for the waist. If you don’t have elastic you can make fabric ties.
No experience necessary!
Sessions run from 4.30 – 6pm. Thursdays 25th June, 2nd & 9th July