Learn about sustainable fashion.
Take part in real, positive climate action.
The Change Room is a post pandemic project for young people.
Launching in June 2021 The Change Room comprises creative activities and volunteering opportunities around a core theme of promoting and understanding sustainable clothing. It’s designed to redress some of the effects of the C-19 global pandemic on young people in our communities.
The Change Room involves:
- ReCycle or Dye – workshops in re-design, mending and upcycling of garments led by professional designers and creative practitioners.
- Reverb – soundtrack & music production workshops.
- Digimode – digital imaging, film making & animation workshops.
- ReMotivators – an action forum for young creative motivators who will help to shape the project – taking part in regular social gatherings to help plan and devise activities. These will include the Think & Inspire programme of guest speakers plus trips to events and projects exploring identity, sustainability and positive climate action. We’ll also be supporting peer-led sessions – where you can opt to lead an event or activity yourself. The group will meet roughly once a month.
- Volunteer – with our upcycle make-group, within our High Street shop or at Remode events including clothes swaps, photo shoots and film screenings.
- CLOUT – contribute to our quarterly zine.
Want to know more? To register an interest and find out more, click on the link and complete a registration form.
We’ll add you to the Changing Room contact list and will be in touch with details about all the different ways you can get involved with the project.
If you have any questions about the project, drop an email to email@example.com or message us on social media.
Some elements of the project are free. For some elements with a limited capacity, there will be a small booking fee of £10 for a 5 session course to confirm a place. This can be paid on a weekly basis if required.
ReMode will provide all materials and equipment required to take part in the project.
The Change Room will take place in person at the ReMode shop, workshop space and outdoor courtyard at 43b High Street, Paisley. Social distancing and other COVID-safe measures will be in place as required.
The Change Room is funded by the National Lottery’s Young Start programme with additional support from Renfrewshire’s Cultural Recovery and Renewal Fund and The Postcode Local Trust.
This project may not be for you, but there are lots of other ways you can get involved with what we do.
- Our volunteer programme is open to all.
- Weekly drop-in make and mend sessions will be restarting on Thursday and Saturday afternoons once COVID restrictions allow.
- We welcome contributions to our zine from anyone and everyone. The zine is published quarterly, and themes are publicised on social media.
- Our wider programme of community workshops varies at different times of year – see our what’s on page or follow us on social media to check out what’s coming up soon.