18 hrs/per/week – £12,168/p/a (£23,660 p/a F.T.E)
Places of work: ReMode@SAUWS, Paisley & ReMode MakeSpace, Lochwinnoch
Days & hours of work: Flexible – covering Wednesday to Friday plus occasional evenings and weekends
ReMode Renfrewshire is a Youth focused organisation whose aim is to raise awareness of the environmental impact of the fashion industry, textiles production and to furnish young people and the wider community with the knowledge and practical skills needed to reduce this impact. The organisation operates a shop of redesigned and reclaimed clothing in Paisley, and a Makespace in Lochwinnoch . Both spaces serve as venues where our programme of workshops and events exploring micro manufacturing and the circular economy take place and are learning hubs where the local communities can access information about climate change and the actions that they can take to tackle it.
Overall Aims and Outcomes: Our overall aims are to better understand our environment, and to learn more about natural resources and sustainability in ways which we can relate to as a community and in particular as young people. Also to gain tangible, practical skills which we can use to make change happen and to make a real difference.
Background to Volunteer Programme
ReMode is managed by a board of volunteer directors, and we also currently have an informal team of volunteers who assist with events and projects. Our plan for the period April 2019-Mar 2021 is to develop and formalise our volunteer programme. This will include a Community Volunteer Programme at our MakeSpace in Lochwinnoch, student volunteer activities at UWS in Paisley, a volunteer outreach programme with communities in Ferguslie Park and Foxbar, and a Youth Volunteer programme supporting participants working towards awards such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award and the Saltire Award. A central aspect of developing the volunteer programme will be the delivery of workshops and events in the outlying urban areas of Renfrewshire ie, Ferguslie Park and Foxbar and also the rural village of Kilbarchan
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Volunteer and Outreach Co-ordinator is accountable to the Project Creative Director and is responsible for developing and managing a volunteer programme which connects with and enhances the wider project. Principal duties will include:
- Recruitment of volunteers to each strand of the volunteer programme through outreach activities and by communicating volunteering opportunities through networking with partner agencies and sharing through digital /social media platforms
- Management and supervision of all volunteers, including induction procedures, writing job descriptions & agreements.
- Practical support in the delivery of workshops in our target outreach areas.
- Practical support in engaging new groups and individuals alongside the planning and organising of workshops and events in our target outreach areas.
- Ensure all necessary PVG checks are completed for volunteers
- Attend networking meetings and represent ReMode Renfrewshire as required
- Participating in project planning along with the Creative Director and Project Manager, in order to integrate volunteer contribution to all aspects of the project.
- Contribute to written reports for funders and ReMode Renfrewshire board members as required
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and experience of working with a variety of different groups of people
- Experience of working closely with voluntary and statutory organisations
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Existing PVG scheme membership or willingness to undergo PVG checks
- Driving licence and occasional use of own vehicle for events (mileage allowance available for events and meetings out with Paisley & Lochwinnoch)
- Volunteer Management Training
- Understanding of and interest in issues surrounding sustainability and fashion
- Knowledge of voluntary & community organisations and networks in Renfrewshire
Send us a CV and a written statement detailing how you fulfill the essential and desirable criteria of the post and why you are the right person for the role. Statement to be no more than 550 words on one side of A4.
CV and statement to be submitted as one single PDF document and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 18th April. Email Subject heading : Job title + Your Name
If you have any questions contact Project Manager Jane Dixon. email@example.com 07503 010614